10 weeks Pregnant
Your Developing Baby –
When you are 10 weeks pregnant, your baby will be about 1.22 inches long (3.1cm) and weigh 0.14 ounce (4gm) at the end of this week
Your baby’s head is growing and in this week it will be about half its full length rest of the body will grow later on, at 10 weeks pregnant your baby’s growth will be more focused on brain development.
His vital organs – liver, kidneys, intestines, brain and lungs – are formed and functional
Starting the separation of fingers and toes.
Tooth buds started forming in the mouth.
If you’re having a boy, his testes will begin producing the male hormone testosterone.
Good News!!!, if your 10 weeks pregnant, congenital abnormalities are unlikely to develop after this week. This also marks the end of the embryonic period — in general, the embryo now has a distinctly human appearance and starting next week your baby will officially be considered a fetus.
Your changing Body –
Being 10 weeks pregnant, you and your baby both are growing rapidly. Your uterus (womb) is now the size of a grapefruit. You may even be able to feel it above the middle of your pubic bone.
As you leave your first appointment, your health care provider will probably send you for a blood test to find out whether you are immunized against varicella, measles, mumps, and rubella (German measles), as well as to determine your blood type and Rh factor. You may also be checked for the presence of certain infections, such as syphilis or hepatitis B, and you may be offered an HIV test.
Testing blood for certain genetic disorders is also commonly done — the type of tests offered will depend on your situation and preference.
- Einat L.K. Pregnancy week by week : Pregnancy Guide: Voices from the womb. Speedy Publishing LLC, (2014). ISBN 1633833291.
- F. Gary Cunningham, John C. Hauth. WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS – 22nd Ed. (2005). The McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. p.33 . ISBN: 0-07-141315-4.
- Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler (2011). Your Pregnancy Week by Week (7th Ed). Da Capo Press, 2011. p. 1-24 ISBN 0738215422
- Laura Riley. You & Your Baby Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-week Pregnancy Guide (1st Ed.). Meredith Books (2006). p.14
- NHS. The Pregnancy book. ebook. (2009). p.6
- Paula Spencer, Cindy Luu. Pregnancy Journal: A Week-By-Week Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pregnancy. Peter Pauper Press, Inc., 2006. p. 11-15. ISBN 1593594364.