Your Developing Baby –
When you’re 11 weeks pregnant, your baby is about 1.61 inches (4.1 cm) long and weighs 0.25 ounces (7gm).
At 11 weeks pregnant, nearly all structures and organs are formed and beginning to function.
Fingers and toes have separated.
Hair and nails begin to grow, when you’re 11 weeks pregnant.
Amniotic fluid begins to accumulate as the kidneys begin to function – This fluid, consisting primarily of water, helps provide a cushion for your baby while she’s nestled within your womb.
Your baby’s reproductive organs are developing rapidly, the external genitals of boys and girls appear somewhat similar when you are 11 weeks pregnant. They will be clearly differentiated by week 14.
Your Changing Body-
When you’re 11 weeks, you’ll probably notice some subtle changes, like an increase in vaginal discharge and a dark, vertical line appearing down the center of your belly (known as the linea nigra).
Symptoms when you’re 11 Weeks pregnant-
- Fatigue and nausea. Don’t worry, you should start to feel more like yourself soon.
- Mood swings. Try to balance your mood and you may try some exercises, yoga.
- Body cramps, especially in the legs, which can come any time in the whole day.
- A dark line may have started to appear on your belly. It’s called the linea nigra and it’s totally normal during pregnancy.
- Difficulty in sleeping.
Now, you’re getting close to the end of the first trimester.
Your health care provider may offer you a “first trimester screening test” which combines ultrasound with a blood test to determine whether your baby is at risk for (not whether your baby has) specific chromosomal abnormalities, such as Down syndrome.
- Einat L.K. Pregnancy week by week : Pregnancy Guide: Voices from the womb. Speedy Publishing LLC, (2014). ISBN 1633833291.
- F. Gary Cunningham, John C. Hauth. WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS – 22nd Ed. (2005). The McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. p.33 . ISBN: 0-07-141315-4.
- Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler (2011). Your Pregnancy Week by Week (7th Ed). Da Capo Press, 2011. p. 1-24 ISBN 0738215422
- Laura Riley. You & Your Baby Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-week Pregnancy Guide (1st Ed.). Meredith Books (2006). p.14
- NHS. The Pregnancy book. ebook. (2009). p.6
- Paula Spencer, Cindy Luu. Pregnancy Journal: A Week-By-Week Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pregnancy. Peter Pauper Press, Inc., 2006. p. 11-15. ISBN 1593594364.