12 weeks pregnant
Your Developing Baby –
When you’re 12 weeks pregnant, your baby’s average size is now at a whopping length: 2.13 inches (5.4cm) and weight: 0.49 ounce (14gm)
Vocal cords started begin to form
Your baby’s face is beginning to look more human. Eyes begin to move closer together
Ears shift to their normal place on the side of the head when you’re 12 weeks pregnant
The intestines move further into your child’s body And the intestines will make their way into the abdomen, since there is room for them now.
The pancreas begins to produce insulin
His liver is making bile and his kidneys are secreting urine into her bladder. After swallowing amniotic fluid, your baby will now be able to pass it out of the body as urine.
When you’re 12 weeks pregnant, your baby’s reflexes are becoming more skilled. In this week when you poke your belly, he’ll reply you by doing movements. But, due to small size you probably can’t feel him moving around yet.
Your Changing Body-
Things are changing fast. You’re reaching to the end of the first trimester.
When you’re 12 weeks pregnant, which means your hormones are likely to slow down. From the next week you will be less moody and your symptoms of first trimester also subside slowly.
Symptoms when you’re 12 Weeks Pregnant-
Your hormones should calm down a bit – if not now, soon. That means less nausea and fatigue.
More vaginal discharge, to protect you from infection.
A noticeably bigger belly.
Headaches and dizziness will be more common.
Additionally, you may encounter with some other symptoms like vision changes, drops in blood sugar, dehydration or stress.
When you’re 12 weeks pregnant, you may have seen changes in your skin. Is it “pregnant glow”? Yes, you are right. Because of increased blood flow.
You may get Acne these days, because of the increased oil gland secretion. But don’t worry, this is temporary.
It’s better to start exercising yourself. Pelvic floor exercises will help you to strengthen your muscles. A strong pelvic floor will protect you against urine leaks, and help with labor and birth when the time comes.
- Einat L.K. Pregnancy week by week : Pregnancy Guide: Voices from the womb. Speedy Publishing LLC, (2014). ISBN 1633833291.
- F. Gary Cunningham, John C. Hauth. WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS – 22nd Ed. (2005). The McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. p.33 . ISBN: 0-07-141315-4.
- Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler (2011). Your Pregnancy Week by Week (7th Ed). Da Capo Press, 2011. p. 1-24 ISBN 0738215422
- Laura Riley. You & Your Baby Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-week Pregnancy Guide (1st Ed.). Meredith Books (2006). p.14
- NHS. The Pregnancy book. ebook. (2009). p.6
- Paula Spencer, Cindy Luu. Pregnancy Journal: A Week-By-Week Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pregnancy. Peter Pauper Press, Inc., 2006. p. 11-15. ISBN 1593594364.