13 weeks pregnant
Your Developing Baby-
When you’re 13 weeks pregnant, your infant is about 2.91 inches (7.4cm) and weighs around 0.81 ounces (23gm).
He begins to practice inhaling and exhaling movements.
Eyes and ears continue to move and develop, more human touch.
Baby’s neck is getting longer, and the chin is no longer is resting on his chest.
Hands are becoming more functional – Your baby may start playing with his fist.
After 13 weeks of pregnancy, all nourishment is received from the placenta.
Your Changing Body-
Congratulations !!! You have successfully completed your one third of pregnancy. It’s about this time that many parents-to-be start spreading the word (to more people than just close family and friends) that there’s a baby on the way.
Symptoms when you’re 13 Weeks pregnant –
The side-effects of early pregnancy, frequent trips to the loo, tiredness and nausea, diminish sometime in the second trimester.
Maybe an increased sex drive and having sex during this period is safe too.
As you begin the second trimester of pregnancy, your placenta has developed and is providing your baby with oxygen, nutrients, and waste disposal. The placenta also produces the hormones progesterone and estrogen, which help to maintain the pregnancy.
In this week, health care provider probably gave you a prescription for prenatal vitamins. Taking these supplements, in addition to eating a healthy diet, ensures your baby gets additional vitamins and minerals, such as folic acid, zinc, iron, and calcium, which are necessary for growth and development.
- Einat L.K. Pregnancy week by week : Pregnancy Guide: Voices from the womb. Speedy Publishing LLC, (2014). ISBN 1633833291.
- F. Gary Cunningham, John C. Hauth. WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS – 22nd Ed. (2005). The McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. p.33 . ISBN: 0-07-141315-4.
- Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler (2011). Your Pregnancy Week by Week (7th Ed). Da Capo Press, 2011. p. 1-24 ISBN 0738215422
- Laura Riley. You & Your Baby Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-week Pregnancy Guide (1st Ed.). Meredith Books (2006). p.14
- NHS. The Pregnancy book. ebook. (2009). p.6
- Paula Spencer, Cindy Luu. Pregnancy Journal: A Week-By-Week Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pregnancy. Peter Pauper Press, Inc., 2006. p. 11-15. ISBN 1593594364.