17 weeks pregnant
Your Developing Baby-
• When you’re 17 weeks pregnant, your baby weighs about 4.97 ounces (140gm) and is 5.12 inches (13cm) long.
• Pads are forming on his tiny fingertips and toes.
• Meconium (composed of products of cell loss, digestive secretion and swallowed amniotic fluid), is accumulating in the bowel. This black gooey substance will become your baby’s first poop!
• The umbilical cord is growing thicker and stronger and continues to rush blood and nutrients to your growing baby.
• He has a much more normal “human” appearance now. When you’re 17 weeks pregnant.
• If your child is male the prostate begins to develop.
• His skeleton is transforming from cartilage to bone. The bones remain flexible till birth
Your Changing Body –
17 Weeks pregnant – Sign and Symptoms
• You might be worried about your health and your baby, you may encounter with weird dreams.
• You might feel Itchy on breasts and bump.
• Rapid weight gain. You’ve probably gained about 7 to 10 pounds by now.
• Vaginal discharge, sweat, mucus and more bodily fluids. They’re in full force, because of your increased blood flow.
• Now, your breasts have changed considerably and increased in size. Hormones are preparing your breasts for milk production — more blood is flowing to the breasts, and the glands that produce milk are growing in preparation for breastfeeding.
• Buy supportive bras in a variety of sizes to accommodate your breast growth during pregnancy.
• If you like to wear high heels, now is the time to take precautions and switch to flat or low-heeled shoes.
- Einat L.K. Pregnancy week by week : Pregnancy Guide: Voices from the womb. Speedy Publishing LLC, (2014). ISBN 1633833291.
- F. Gary Cunningham, John C. Hauth. WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS – 22nd Ed. (2005). The McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. p.33 . ISBN: 0-07-141315-4.
- Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler (2011). Your Pregnancy Week by Week (7th Ed). Da Capo Press, 2011. p. 1-24 ISBN 0738215422
- Laura Riley. You & Your Baby Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-week Pregnancy Guide (1st Ed.). Meredith Books (2006). p.14
- NHS. The Pregnancy book. ebook. (2009). p.6
- Paula Spencer, Cindy Luu. Pregnancy Journal: A Week-By-Week Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pregnancy. Peter Pauper Press, Inc., 2006. p. 11-15. ISBN 1593594364.