21 weeks pregnant
• When you’re 21 weeks pregnant, your baby measures about 10.51 inches (26.7cm) and weighs nearly 12.7 ounces (360g). Length is now measured crown to heel.
• Your baby’s skin has been changing from translucent to more opaque.
• Your infant’s tongue is fully formed.
• Your baby’s eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed, and he can now blink.
• Earlier, your baby was using liver and spleen for the production of blood cells. But now the bone marrow spaces are developed enough to contribute to blood cell formation as well, and bone marrow will become the major site of blood cell production in the third trimester and after birth. White blood cells (leucocytes) are under production, they form our body’s defense system and fight infections and diseases.
Your Changing body –
21 Weeks pregnant – Sign and Symptoms
• You’re probably feeling quite comfortable these days. This, in fact, may be the most enjoyable time in your pregnancy
• Your uterus might occasionally feel tight as it practices for labor. You might be getting a sneak preview of some third-trimester symptoms, such as leaky breast, Braxton Hicks contractions, and heartburn.
• Your milk ducts will be fully developed by the end of this trimester.
• Dry, itchy skin, from all that stretching over your growing bump. when you’re 21 weeks pregnant.
• Stretch marks. Your skin gets pulled thinner as baby grows. Don’t worry, they should fade significantly after birth.
• Exercise daily, to keep varicose veins, excessive weight gain, and backache away. But do exercise slowly Because ligaments become more relaxed during pregnancy, you’re at higher risk for injury, so low- or non-impact exercise such as yoga, swimming, and walking you can prefer.
- Einat L.K. Pregnancy week by week : Pregnancy Guide: Voices from the womb. Speedy Publishing LLC, (2014). ISBN 1633833291.
- F. Gary Cunningham, John C. Hauth. WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS – 22nd Ed. (2005). The McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. p.33 . ISBN: 0-07-141315-4.
- Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler (2011). Your Pregnancy Week by Week (7th Ed). Da Capo Press, 2011. p. 1-24 ISBN 0738215422
- Laura Riley. You & Your Baby Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-week Pregnancy Guide (1st Ed.). Meredith Books (2006). p.14
- NHS. The Pregnancy book. ebook. (2009). p.6
- Paula Spencer, Cindy Luu. Pregnancy Journal: A Week-By-Week Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pregnancy. Peter Pauper Press, Inc., 2006. p. 11-15. ISBN 1593594364.