22 weeks pregnant
Your Developing baby-
• When you’re 22 weeks pregnant, your baby’s length is 10.94 inches (27.8cm); weight is nearly 1 pound (430gm)
• Your baby can now hear your conversations more clearly than before!.
• Eyelids and eyebrows are fully formed when you’re 22 weeks pregnant.
• Fingernails have grown to the end of the fingers.
• Your baby’s brain has entered a stage of rapid growth.
• If your baby is male his testes begin their descent to the scrotum. And now he started producing testosterone hormones.
• Her lips are distinct and her eyes are formed, but the colored part (the iris) still lacks pigment.
• Taste buds have started to form on the tongue, and the brain and nerve endings are formed enough so that the fetus can feel touch.
Your Changing Body –
22 Weeks Pregnant – Sign and Symptoms
• You might experience increased libido.
• Stretch marks due to stretching.
• More vaginal discharge (but not bloody), a result of increased blood flow down there.
• Minor swelling in your hands and feet.
• Due to extra pressure from the baby and carrying around the extra weight. Back aches and breathing problems may arise.
• You may crave certain foods
• Till this week, you’ve probably gained between 5.5kg and 7kg. Starting now, you’ll begin to put on weight more steadily, averaging about 250gm per week.
When you’re 22 weeks pregnant, you may feel some early third trimester symptoms like Braxton Hicks Contractions. You may feel a squeezing sensation in your abdomen, with irregular, painless contractions called Braxton Hicks contractions. Braxton Hicks contractions aren’t dangerous or harmful.
- Einat L.K. Pregnancy week by week : Pregnancy Guide: Voices from the womb. Speedy Publishing LLC, (2014). ISBN 1633833291.
- F. Gary Cunningham, John C. Hauth. WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS – 22nd Ed. (2005). The McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. p.33 . ISBN: 0-07-141315-4.
- Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler (2011). Your Pregnancy Week by Week (7th Ed). Da Capo Press, 2011. p. 1-24 ISBN 0738215422
- Laura Riley. You & Your Baby Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-week Pregnancy Guide (1st Ed.). Meredith Books (2006). p.14
- NHS. The Pregnancy book. ebook. (2009). p.6
- Paula Spencer, Cindy Luu. Pregnancy Journal: A Week-By-Week Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pregnancy. Peter Pauper Press, Inc., 2006. p. 11-15. ISBN 1593594364.