25 Weeks Pregnant
Your Developing Baby-
• When you’re 25 weeks pregnant, your baby weighs 1.46 pounds (660gm) and is 13.6 inches (34.6cm) long.
• The structure around spinal cord begins. The formation of the spinal joints, ligaments begins.
• The early reflexes of the baby are developing, The rooting reflex and swallowing reflex. The nerves around the mouth and lip area are showing more sensitivity when you’re 25 weeks pregnant.
• Your baby can make a fist.
• Blood vessels of the lungs develop.
• Your baby’s nostrils begin to open.
Your Changing Body-
25 Weeks Pregnant- Sign and Symptoms
• As your baby is putting a lot of pressure on your digestive tract. You may have constipation, or even may have Hemorrhoids, Gas and bloating. Be sure to eat plenty of fiber-rich foods.
• Baby’s crowding your bladder, you have to rush washroom frequently.
• Heartburn. Since the baby is pushing on your digestive system, it can push stomach acid up your esophagus.
• Body aches and pain.
• Trouble sleeping. Better to sleep in side lying.
The expanding uterus puts additional pressure on the stomach in the last few months of pregnancy. Try eating smaller, more frequent meals, and avoid spicy and fatty foods.
- Einat L.K. Pregnancy week by week : Pregnancy Guide: Voices from the womb. Speedy Publishing LLC, (2014). ISBN 1633833291.
- F. Gary Cunningham, John C. Hauth. WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS – 22nd Ed. (2005). The McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. p.33 . ISBN: 0-07-141315-4.
- Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler (2011). Your Pregnancy Week by Week (7th Ed). Da Capo Press, 2011. p. 1-24 ISBN 0738215422
- Laura Riley. You & Your Baby Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-week Pregnancy Guide (1st Ed.). Meredith Books (2006). p.14
- NHS. The Pregnancy book. ebook. (2009). p.6
- Paula Spencer, Cindy Luu. Pregnancy Journal: A Week-By-Week Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pregnancy. Peter Pauper Press, Inc., 2006. p. 11-15. ISBN 1593594364.