27 weeks pregnant-
Your Developing Baby-
• When you’re 27 weeks pregnant, Average size of the baby is around 14.4 inches (36.6cm) and 1.9 pounds (875gm).
• The characteristic grooves on his brain’s surface are starting to appear, and more brain tissue is developing. Your little one’s brain continues its rapid growth.
• Your baby’s hearing continues to develop; he or she may start to recognize your voice as well as your partner’s.
• Lungs continue to grow and prepare for functioning outside of the womb. Each day in the womb greatly increases survival rates. He also continues to take small breaths and although he’s only breathing in water and not air, it’s still good practice for when he’s born.
• Eyelids are more open now. Your baby can distinguish between light and dark.
• Retinas have formed during pregnancy week 27.
• Some experts believe that babies begin to dream by week 27.
• You might feel short of breath because your uterus is now compressing your rib cage, it will continue through the last three months of pregnancy.
Your Changing Body-
If a blood test for your rhesus status found you to be rhesus negative (RhD negative) earlier in pregnancy, you’ll probably be tested for antibodies this week or next. These may be present in your blood if your baby is RhD positive, and you’ll have what’s called an anti-D injection to combat the incompatibility. You may be offered a repeat injection at 34 weeks.
27 Weeks Pregnant- Sign and Symptoms
• The same leg cramps, backaches, constipation and hemorrhoids of previous weeks.
• Your belly is growing day by day.
• Now it’s time to say goodbye to your second trimester, say hello to your last trimester.
During this period, you may encounter some more aggressive feature of pregnancy. But don’t worry; it’s for some more weeks only. Be happy and make a bonding with your baby.
- Einat L.K. Pregnancy week by week: Pregnancy Guide: Voices from the womb. Speedy Publishing LLC, (2014). ISBN 1633833291.
- F. Gary Cunningham, John C. Hauth. WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS – 22nd Ed. (2005). The McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. p.33 . ISBN: 0-07-141315-4.
- Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler (2011). Your Pregnancy Week by Week (7th Ed). Da Capo Press, 2011. p. 1-24 ISBN 0738215422
- Laura Riley. You & Your Baby Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-week Pregnancy Guide (1st Ed.). Meredith Books (2006). p.14
- NHS. The Pregnancy book. ebook. (2009). p.6
- Paula Spencer, Cindy Luu. Pregnancy Journal: A Week-By-Week Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pregnancy. Peter Pauper Press, Inc., 2006. p. 11-15. ISBN 1593594364.