28 weeks pregnant
Your Developing Baby-
• When you’re 28 weeks pregnant, your baby weighs in now at 2.2 pounds (1005gm) and is 14.8 inches (37.6cm).
• Your baby’s eyebrows and eyelashes are now visible. Eyes are completely formed when you’re 28 weeks pregnant.
• Hair on baby’s head is growing longer
• Your baby’s body is getting bigger. muscles and bone are getting bigger and stronger.
• Muscle tone is improving. More and stronger kicking.
• Lungs are well developed and breathing in liquid.
• Your baby’s fat layers are continued to form.
Your Changing Body-
Welcome to the third trimester. Third trimester lasts until the end of week 39 and sometimes even beyond. Most women gain an average of 5kg during this trimester.
You may feel nervous and must be thinking about labor and birth. Start selecting possible baby names.
28 Weeks pregnant- Sign and Symptoms
• Being in the third trimester also means much of your and baby’s anatomy are ready.
• You might feel trouble while sleeping. As you get closer to your due date, you’ll likely have more and more trouble with this. Shortness of breath, as baby continues to crowd your lungs.
• Aches and pains— as the baby’s growing, he’s making lots of pressure on you.
• Braxton Hicks contractions—these might be getting stronger or more frequent as your body gets ready for labor.
• Your breasts may already be producing baby’s first food, a yellowish substance called colostrum.
- Einat L.K. Pregnancy week by week: Pregnancy Guide: Voices from the womb. Speedy Publishing LLC, (2014). ISBN 1633833291.
- F. Gary Cunningham, John C. Hauth. WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS – 22nd Ed. (2005). The McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. p.33 . ISBN: 0-07-141315-4.
- Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler (2011). Your Pregnancy Week by Week (7th Ed). Da Capo Press, 2011. p. 1-24 ISBN 0738215422
- Laura Riley. You & Your Baby Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-week Pregnancy Guide (1st Ed.). Meredith Books (2006). p.14
- NHS. The Pregnancy book. ebook. (2009). p.6
- Paula Spencer, Cindy Luu. Pregnancy Journal: A Week-By-Week Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pregnancy. Peter Pauper Press, Inc., 2006. p. 11-15. ISBN 1593594364.