31 weeks pregnant
Your Developing Baby-
• When you’re 31 weeks pregnant, Your baby is about 16.2 inches (41.1cm) long and weighs 3.3 pounds (1502gm).
• The rate of physical growth slows down, while his brain enters another period of rapid growth, producing hundreds of billions of new nerve cells.
• Fat continues to accumulate in your baby’s body.
• When you’re 31 weeks pregnant, lungs are the only major organ left to complete development.
• all five of baby’s senses are fully developed by now (taste, smell, hear, touch and vision)
• By now your baby is urinating approximately several cups of urine a day into the amniotic fluid. He or she is also swallowing amniotic fluid, which is completely replaced several times a day.
Your Changing Body –
You’ve probably gained weight this month, somewhere between 1.5kg to 2kg. Gaining 450g a week is quite normal during the last trimester as your baby has a final growth spurt before he arrives in the world.
The milk glands in your breasts may have started to make colostrum already. Colostrum is the pre-milk that provides your baby with calories and nutrients for the first few days before your milk comes in. For some women, it is thin and watery. For others, it is thick and yellowish. If you notice your breasts leaking colostrum, you can buy disposable or washable breast pads to protect your clothing
31 Weeks pregnant- Sign and Symptoms
• Shortness of breath, since baby keeps pushing your lungs up.
• Braxton Hicks contractions. Be sure you’re drinking plenty of water and changing positions often.
• Leaky breasts.
• Frequent urination. since baby keeps pushing your bladder down.
• Backaches and headache.
• Difficulty sleeping. Aches and pains, your big belly, pregnancy hormones, heartburn and anxiety are probably all contributing.
- Einat L.K. Pregnancy week by week: Pregnancy Guide: Voices from the womb. Speedy Publishing LLC, (2014). ISBN 1633833291.
- F. Gary Cunningham, John C. Hauth. WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS – 22nd Ed. (2005). The McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. p.33 . ISBN: 0-07-141315-4.
- Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler (2011). Your Pregnancy Week by Week (7th Ed). Da Capo Press, 2011. p. 1-24 ISBN 0738215422
- Laura Riley. You & Your Baby Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-week Pregnancy Guide (1st Ed.). Meredith Books (2006). p.14
- NHS. The Pregnancy book. ebook. (2009). p.6
- Paula Spencer, Cindy Luu. Pregnancy Journal: A Week-By-Week Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pregnancy. Peter Pauper Press, Inc., 2006. p. 11-15. ISBN 1593594364.