32 weeks pregnant
Your Developing Baby-
• When you’re 32 weeks pregnant, your baby is about 3.75 pounds (1700gm) now and is 16.7 inches (42.4cm) long.
• You might notice he’s not moving around as much now. Because of less space available now for him.
• All five senses are working.
• Toenails are completely formed.
• Hair on your baby’s head continues to grow in.
• If your baby is a boy, his testicles should have descended from his abdomen into his scrotum.
Sometimes, one or both testicles won’t move into position until after birth. In two thirds of all baby boys who have undescended testicles at birth, the condition corrects itself by their first birthday.
Your Changing Body-
You’re probably gaining 450gm a week, largely because your baby is likely to gain more than half his birth weight during the seven weeks before birth. Make sure you are eating well in these last few weeks.
Your bump will be getting quite big now, and you may find it attracts a lot of attention!
32 Weeks pregnant- Sign and Symptoms
• Heartburn and contractions intensify around week 32.
• Darker nipples, itchy and enlarged breasts.
• Shortness of breath.
• Vaginal discharge. Your body is preparing for delivery by preventing infection down there.
- Einat L.K. Pregnancy week by week: Pregnancy Guide: Voices from the womb. Speedy Publishing LLC, (2014). ISBN 1633833291.
- F. Gary Cunningham, John C. Hauth. WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS – 22nd Ed. (2005). The McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. p.33 . ISBN: 0-07-141315-4.
- Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler (2011). Your Pregnancy Week by Week (7th Ed). Da Capo Press, 2011. p. 1-24 ISBN 0738215422
- Laura Riley. You & Your Baby Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-week Pregnancy Guide (1st Ed.). Meredith Books (2006). p.14
- NHS. The Pregnancy book. ebook. (2009). p.6
- Paula Spencer, Cindy Luu. Pregnancy Journal: A Week-By-Week Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pregnancy. Peter Pauper Press, Inc., 2006. p. 11-15. ISBN 1593594364.