34 weeks pregnant
Your Developing Baby-
• When you’re 34 weeks pregnant, now your baby’s about 17.7 inches (45cm) in length and 4.7 pounds (2146 g) in weight.
• At 34 weeks pregnant, your baby acts completely looks like a newborn, with his eyes opened when awake and closed when sleeping.
• Antibodies from your blood are being transferred to him at week 34 of pregnancy. These immunities continue to build until birth. Then first breast milk (colostrum) will add even more protection against disease.
• Your baby may have already turned to a head-down position in preparation for birth. He may be settling into the pelvis with his head pressing against your cervix.
Your Changing Body-
If you’ve been nervous about going into premature labor, you’ll be happy to know that 99 per cent of babies born at 34 weeks can survive outside the uterus (womb) – and most have no major problems. Although your baby’s central nervous system is still maturing, his lungs are nearly fully developed by now.
34 Weeks pregnant- Sign and Symptoms
• Many women start to notice a tingling sensation or numbness in the pelvic region or pain as they walk. This may be caused by the pelvic joints loosening.
• Constipation and hemorrhoids. Make sure you’re getting plenty of fiber.
• Edema on your feet. Try to keep your legs up.
• You might breathe a little easier, since baby may descend lower into your pelvis and give your lungs some space
• You might feel pressure down lower in your pelvis, and even more frequent urination.
- Einat L.K. Pregnancy week by week: Pregnancy Guide: Voices from the womb. Speedy Publishing LLC, (2014). ISBN 1633833291.
- F. Gary Cunningham, John C. Hauth. WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS – 22nd Ed. (2005). The McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. p.33 . ISBN: 0-07-141315-4.
- Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler (2011). Your Pregnancy Week by Week (7th Ed). Da Capo Press, 2011. p. 1-24 ISBN 0738215422
- Laura Riley. You & Your Baby Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-week Pregnancy Guide (1st Ed.). Meredith Books (2006). p.14
- NHS. The Pregnancy book. ebook. (2009). p.6
- Paula Spencer, Cindy Luu. Pregnancy Journal: A Week-By-Week Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pregnancy. Peter Pauper Press, Inc., 2006. p. 11-15. ISBN 1593594364.