35 weeks pregnant
Your Developing Baby-
• When you’re 35 weeks pregnant, your baby is 18.2 inches (46.2cm) long and weighs 5.3 pounds (2383gm).
• Most babies born now can survive 99%.
• Because of this increasing size, your baby is now cramped and restricted inside the uterus — so fetal movements may decrease, but they may be stronger and more forceful.
• Your baby is now taking up most of the uterus and after that, your baby will move down and you’ll be able to breathe easily again
• Fat accumulations continue in all over the body of your baby.
• His hearing is fully developed, so be sure to talk to your baby.
• If your baby is a boy, the testes have completed their descent, when you’re 35 weeks pregnant.
Your Changing Body-
You’ve probably put on between 11kg and 14kg and your weight gain has hit its peak. You may have noticed that, your belly button has got bigger and has popped outward.
35 Weeks pregnant- Sign and Symptoms
• An increase in the amount of contractions you’re having.
• Edema on your feet. Try to keep your legs up.
• You might breathe a little easier, since baby may descend lower into your pelvis and give your lungs some space
• You might feel pressure down lower in your pelvis, and even more frequent urination.
• You might feel decrease in Baby’s movements, but they may be stronger and more forceful.
- Einat L.K. Pregnancy week by week: Pregnancy Guide: Voices from the womb. Speedy Publishing LLC, (2014). ISBN 1633833291.
- F. Gary Cunningham, John C. Hauth. WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS – 22nd Ed. (2005). The McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. p.33 . ISBN: 0-07-141315-4.
- Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler (2011). Your Pregnancy Week by Week (7th Ed). Da Capo Press, 2011. p. 1-24 ISBN 0738215422
- Laura Riley. You & Your Baby Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-week Pregnancy Guide (1st Ed.). Meredith Books (2006). p.14
- NHS. The Pregnancy book. ebook. (2009). p.6
- Paula Spencer, Cindy Luu. Pregnancy Journal: A Week-By-Week Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pregnancy. Peter Pauper Press, Inc., 2006. p. 11-15. ISBN 1593594364.