5 weeks pregnant
Your developing baby-
When you are 5 weeks pregnant, you will miss your period. At this time, most women are only just beginning to think that, they may be pregnant.
Size of baby – Your baby is about a quarter of a centimeter long and looks more like a tadpole than a human being.
17th-day post fertilization, fetal blood vessels is functional, and a placental circulation is established.
When you are 5 weeks pregnant, your baby’s nervous system is starting to develop. A groove forms in the top layer of cells. The cells fold up and round to make a hollow tube called the neural tube. This will become your baby’s brain and spinal cord, so the tube has a ‘head end’ and a ‘tail end’. The heart is also forming and your baby already has some blood vessels. A string of these blood vessels connects your baby to you – this will become the umbilical cord.
Your body –
When you will be 5 weeks pregnant, you may be noticing of delaying in the period, or you may be confused in periods and early pregnancy symptoms.
Pregnancy Symptoms when you are 5 Weeks pregnant-
The most common are Sore breasts, nausea, and fatigue.
You might also notice yourself having the urge to pee frequently early in pregnancy because of expanding kidneys.
Mood swings are common beginning this week.
- Einat L.K. Pregnancy week by week : Pregnancy Guide: Voices from the womb. Speedy Publishing LLC, (2014). ISBN 1633833291.
- F. Gary Cunningham, John C. Hauth. WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS – 22nd Ed. (2005). The McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. p.33 . ISBN: 0-07-141315-4.
- Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler (2011). Your Pregnancy Week by Week (7th Ed). Da Capo Press, 2011. p. 1-24 ISBN 0738215422
- Laura Riley. You & Your Baby Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-week Pregnancy Guide (1st Ed.). Meredith Books (2006). p.14
- NHS. The Pregnancy book. ebook. (2009). p.6
- Paula Spencer, Cindy Luu. Pregnancy Journal: A Week-By-Week Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pregnancy. Peter Pauper Press, Inc., 2006. p. 11-15. ISBN 1593594364.